any facility or grounds related service can be obtained through the Facilities
Services Department. Services directly related to the continuous operation of
the overall facilities are provided without charge. Special services for which
Facilities Services is not budgeted are provided through a charge to the
back to top
- Maintenance and repair of building structures and their installed heating,
ventilating, air conditioning, electrical, fire protection, conveying, gas,
plumbing, and sewer systems.
- Maintenance and repair of campus street lighting systems.
- Maintenance painting of interior and exterior surfaces when
funds are available.
- Basic, scheduled custodial services, pest control,
? refuse collection/ disposal, and recycling
- Maintenance and repair of basic classroom furniture and
furnishings, such as window shades and Venetian blinds, seats, lecterns,
chalkboards, and white boards.
- Utilities services to State general fund supported University
- Maintenance of walks, roads, drainage; care of lawns, gardens,
trees, and shrubs.
- General architectural and engineering consultation when not in
conjunction with special services listed below.
back to top
- Maintenance and repair of special classroom and laboratory equipment, special
lighting or sound systems, office furniture, office furnishings, and other
University property under the care of the requesting unit.
- Installation of equipment, including white boards.
- Services required to set up for special events (except
registration and Commencement).
- Renovation, alteration, or improvements to facilities.
- Fabrication of cabinets, shelves, and other miscellaneous items.
- Estimating of the cost of special projects.
- Services of outside architects or engineers required for a special
project or an ?? estimate.
- Painting or decorating beyond the level provided under basic
- Special custodial or refuse disposal services.
- Design and project management services.
- Transfer and hauling services.
- Services to University auxiliaries, York Veterinary Teaching
Hospital, or other University units not supported by the State general fund
- Maintenance of parking lots and lights.
For general maintenance services, service is obtained by utilizing the online
Work Order Request Form or calling the Work Order Office at 974-2347. Requests for special services are made by means of the
Special Projects Work Request Form (PP-28 Form). Both these items are explained in more detail in the "General Information and Policies" Section of this document and the forms can be found on the department’s web page. For additional questions contact the Work Order Office for assistance.
back to top