Petty Cash funds are used to provide reimbursement to faculty, staff, students, etc. for purchases made with personal funds for university departments and university business.
Note: Employees should first attempt to obtain either a vendor’s invoice or receipt before submitting only the FORM T-4 to support these purchases. Also, employees should take FORM T-4 when making purchases in case invoices or receipts are unavailable. Please see the Business Services Office for a copy of this form, or click on above link for T-44.
1. Vendor’s invoice must be dated and include:
1. Proof of Payment
▪ Stamped “paid” with an official vendor’s stamp, or
▪ Marked “paid” and signed or initialed by the vendor, or
▪ Processed through the vendor’s cash register to indicate a “cash sale”
2. Complete list and description of materials purchased or services provided
3. Cost Center/WBS Element to be charged and general ledger (G/L) account for expenditures
2. Detailed cash register or other vendor receipt must be dated and include:
▪ Itemized description and price of each item purchased
▪ Vendor’s name imprinted on the receipt
▪ Cost Center/WBS Element to be charged and general ledger (G/L) account for expenditures
3. Non-detailed cash register or other vendor receipt, with date and vendor’s imprint, which also requires a completed Petty Cash Expense Form (T-4) without vendor’s signature.
4. Petty Cash Expense Form (T-4) alone which must include:
▪ Vendor’s name
▪ Signature of vendor or payee
▪ Date of purchase
▪ General description and price of each item purchased
▪ Total amount of the purchase
▪ Cost center/WBS element and G/L account to be charged
Note: All invoices and cash register receipts must be originals. However, when vendors issue receipts on standard carbon copy forms, the words “customer invoice” or similar description should appear. Receipts that appear to be altered will not be accepted or processed. Once the form has been completed and supporting receipts are attached, please submit to BSO for processing.