We are happy to announce the inaugural Facilities Services Volunteer First Impressions contest.
The Volunteer First Impressions contest is for campus projects only. Projects typically include one or more of the following: carpet, paint, deep cleaning, plants or landscape, signage or other similar items.
Entries will be judged on their overall impact to the campus community, ease of delivery, and scope is within the limit of $10,000 or less to complete. Entries should be for public spaces; private areas or offices will not be considered. Entries should also demonstrate how they impact student, faculty, staff, or visitor first impressions at UT Knoxville.
Anyone can submit an entry for the contest and 10 winners will be chosen.
To enter you can do one of the following:
- Take two to five pictures of the area and submit a written statement on how fixing up this area will enhance campus life at UT Knoxville; or
- Send a quick video (limited to two minutes) taken on your smart phone to show Facilities Services the area involved and explain how this project will enhance campus life at UT Knoxville.
You can submit your entry in one of the following ways:
- Email Brooke Krempa at email@example.com; or
- Post your entry on the Facilities Services Twitter Account; or
- Post your entry on the Facilities Services Instagram Account
Contest Dates & Deadlines:
- Entries are due no later than Friday, February 1, 2019.
- One winner will be announced each weekday March 1 through 14, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can departments add money to the $10,000 project in order to recommend a larger Project?
No. The Facilities Services Department does not want those departments or areas without the resources to provide additional funding to be at a disadvantage. For that reason, for this initial contest we will keep the competition to $10,000 projects.
Can you suggest two projects right next to each other in order to have a $20,000 project?
Yes. However, those submitting need to understand both projects may not be funded. Any suggestion needs to be able to be accomplished by itself regardless of whether other submissions are chosen.
Are any areas eligible? What about auxiliaries like Residence Halls, Athletics, etc?
Yes, any area or space is eligible as long as it is on campus.
What if your submission is not chosen? Will we find out why?
Yes. Facilities Services will respond to everyone who submits a project to the contest.
What if the project you submit is not chosen at this time? Will there be other opportunities?
The Facilities Services Department hopes to make this an annual competition.
If we do not know what $10,000 will buy how do we know our submission will be eligible? How do we estimate the cost of what would be required?
Those submitting do not need to estimate the potential cost. Facilities Services will do cost estimates for ideas submitted that are finalists. PLEASE submit any idea you have for consideration.
All contest questions can be sent to Brooke Krempa at firstname.lastname@example.org.