Phone: (865) 974-3486
Fax: (865) 974-7786
— Assistant Director for Facilities Services since 2012
— Horticulturist for Facilities Services 2005 – 2012
— Prior Experience: Grounds Manager for Blackberry Farm
— UT President’s Award in 2018 (Nominee in category of Support)
–Bachelors degree from University of Tennessee in Ornamental Horticulture & Landscape Design
Landscape Services is responsible for the landscape maintenance and upkeep of the University of Tennessee’s Main and Agricultural campuses, as well as the Cherokee Farms site. The total area represents 780 acres of space on the Main and Agricultural campuses and an additional 200 acres at Cherokee Farms.Four groups make up the Landscape Services subunit: Landscape Management, Arboriculture, Turf Management, and Heavy Equipment Operations.
Landscape Management has nine crews. The university is divided into eight zones and each zone is maintained by a separate crew. The group also has one large crew responsible for mowing the turf and leaf removal through the entire university.
The nine maintenance crews are responsible for keeping the campus clean and beautiful. Throughout the year they:
- Prune and trim trees and scrubs
- Control the weeds in the landscape beds
- Apply fresh hardwood and pine straw mulch
- Install seasonal flowers in the spring and fall
- Aerate and over-see turf areas
- Renovate or remove overgrown or dead shrubs
- Install new trees and shrubs
- Create new and renovate old landscape beds
- Integrated Pest Management
- Trash receptacle service and litter removal
- Clean surface drains
To request Landscape Management service, please call the Facilities Services One Call number at 946-7777.
Arboricultural Services was formed in 2015 to provide tree care and maintenance services to the entire University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus.Services include:
- Preventive Maintenance Pruning
- Clearance of streets, sidewalks, fixtures and buildings
- Removal of dead and defective branches
- Removal of dead and dying trees
- Tree selection and planting
- Insect and disease control
- Tree preservation during construction.
- To request Arboriculture service, please call 974-3486.