Shawn T. Benson
Archibus System Analyst
Phone: (865) 235-1197
Fax: (865) 974-7786
— Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Tennessee’s School of Architecture
— Associate of Applied Science in Computer Science (Computer Programming)
— Began position at UT in September 2019
— Prior Experience: Space Project Manager at the University of Virginia
— Director of Campus Planning at East Tennessee State University
— Facilities Management Department Supervisor at Tusculum University
This division consists of three sub-services: infrastructure, data management, and PC support. These services create the technological backbone for Facilities Services and keep workflow moving throughout the department.
IT support & Maintenance develops and maintains all in-house applications, responds to the hardware/software issues of the department, and coordinates with other departments and outside vendors on computer issues relating to Facilities Services.
In addition, IT Support & Maintenance maintains up-to-date data on campus facilities for use by the campus community.
- Archibus Data Management System – data reporting, visualizations, dashboards, and interfaces with enterprise systems such as BIM (Revit), GIS (ESRI), and SAP (IRIS).
- Web site maintenance and management
- To scale floor plans of all University buildings
- Dashboard designs
- Departmental desktops, laptops, peripherals, and computer equipment
- Communications support for radios, tablets, and cell phones
- Hardware maintenance
- Departmental desktop, laptop, and peripheral support
- Work for outside parties or other departments (OIT, UTPD,UT Radio Services)
Kronos Time Control
- A networked time clock system (serving most department employees)
- A voice-response unit (allowing phone-in time card punching)
- Managerial software
- All supported and maintained by IT Services personnel
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition: IT Services manages several SCADA systems that monitor and control air conditioning controls and electrical systems located throughout buildings and other campus areas.
Campus Security System
- A backup support system is maintained by IT Services throughout the campus (private and public) to provide security recordings as well as parent/student access to steaming video of campus life.