Phone: (865) 599-3254
Fax: (865) 974-7786
Andy Powers joined the UT Facilities Services team in 2014 and has since served as the Campus Architect. Andy holds a BA in Architecture from the University of Tennessee and is a Registered Architect with LEED AP certification. In his free time, Andy enjoys competing in USTA tennis and playing acoustic guitar.
The Design Services team provides professional architectural, interior design and engineering guidance for the construction of new buildings and renovations of existing spaces at the University of Tennessee Knoxville campus. We assist other departments and the administration to incorporate concerns such as utilities, traffic, parking to maintain an integrated vision of the physical campus and meet the needs of students, faculty and staff.
Our professional disciplines include architects, landscape architects, engineers, interior designers, stormwater coordinator, GIS and BIM professionals, CAD specialists, and space and archives coordination.
Design Services staff provide the following services:
- Project Management oversight for all Capital Projects and major renovations over $100,000.
- Counsel and oversight regarding campus master planning and landscape and architectural design.
- Ensuring the University of Tennessee Knoxville campus is compliant with the Clean Water Act of 1972 through the campus’ State of Tennessee National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit.
- Supporting and oversight off all interior design services.
- Setting standards for University exterior and interior signage.
- Maintaining accurate space data inventory of all buildings on campus through the ARCHIBUS system
- Access to as-built documentation and other existing records for all building on campus.
- Developing and maintaining an Enterprise GIS and related services.
- Implement Building Information Modeling (BIM) for existing buildings as well as new design and construction.