Air Conditioning Services provides maintenance and repair services for all HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) equipment and systems on the main campus, agricultural campus and off-campus buildings. The team’s responsibility includes maintaining and repairing all existing equipment, including rebuilding/refurbishing chillers, maintenance/replacement of large motors and fans included in air conditioning systems, and maintenance, repair, and replacement of air conditioning controls. This includes installation of new or replacement components needed to maintain existing systems on campus. All mechanics on the team are EPA certified to recover and handle regulated refrigerant gasses in all systems. Emergency service for air conditioning/heating equipment is available 24 hours a day.
Basic ServicesAir Conditioning Services maintains existing equipment as well as installation of new and replacement equipment, including rebuilding/refurbishing of chillers, maintenance/replacement of large motors and fans serving air conditioning systems, and maintenance, repair, and replacement of air conditioning controls (pneumatic, electric, and solid state). Approximately 45,000 tons (12,000 BTU per ton) of cooling capacity is available, provided by the following equipment:
- Over 3,000 window air-conditioners, ranging in size from 5,000 to 32,000 BTU
- Approximately 3500 chilled water fan coil units
- Approximately 1500 through the wall P-TAC units
- Approximately 500 package & split systems ranging in size from 1 to 60 tons
- Seventy seven chillers (centrifugal [water cooled] and air cooled units) ranging in size from 20 to 1500 tons
Emergency ServicesEmergency service for air conditioning equipment is available 24 hours a day
- To report malfunctions with air conditioning equipment call the Work Order Office, 974-2347
- After 4:00 p.m. on weekdays, report emergencies to 946-7777
- After 12:00 a.m. Monday-Friday, on weekends, holidays, and days of administrative closing, report emergencies to 946-7777
Additional ServicesAdditional Services provided by Air Conditioning Services are listed below. For more detailed information visit the Service Guide.
- Provides maintenance, service, and repairs for stationary air compressors serving laboratory buildings on campus
- Testing and evaluation related to maintenance of fume hoods and associated fan systems
- Testing and evaluation of supply and exhaust air systems serving all campus buildings
- Testing, evaluation, repair or replacement of all building BAS control systems on campus
- Installs, maintains, and repairs all ice machines for food service, laboratories, and campus buildings
- Installs, maintains, and repairs refrigeration equipment with temperatures ranging from 98.7 degrees F to -180 degrees F
- Responsible for maintenance and service of food service refrigerators and freezers
- Responsible for maintenance and service of environmental growth chambers and hot boxes serving laboratories.
- Responsible for the proper operation of building ventilation systems
- Responsible for central vacuum systems used in laboratories (and some portable systems, upon request)
- Perform chemical analysis on cooling tower systems, building water loops (chilled water and heating systems), and geothermal water loops
- Repair and maintain pumps serving all water loops on campus Review design and construction for new facilities being built on campus